(June 29, 2020) The Charity Report came into existence because we believe:
- Knowledgeable, well-balanced and well-researched information is necessary for the sector to see an accurate reflection of itself
- The charity sector is, at its root, inequitable
- Our reporting is most relevant when we analyze the sector through an equity lens
- It is a fundamental truth that a person’s race, colour or ethnicity is a foundation of inequity, and comes in the form of lack of representation and structural racism, but in other ways too
- Reporting on the work of charities in the context of their work helps us understand the importance of that work to the functioning of society, but also to bear witness to the ways in which a more effective, dynamic—and equitable—sector can be created moving forward
Therefore, beginning today,
The Charity Report will report on the demographics of board and senior leadership of the charities we write about. We offer it in the same way provide a brief description of its mandate and the public financial information available about the charity.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.